As part of my updates for 3 my month financial plan, here are my updates.
As I started to plan, there’s a lot of ideas that came through my head…and some say they can’t think of any, but if you really put your mind into it, ideas will come.
They say, “When the student is ready, the Teacher will appear.”
It’s not the other way around…
If you look around now, there are lots of ideas of earning that extra money, moolah, cha-ching, cash…you just haven’t focus that hard yet. Let’s go scientific for a while…
Do you notice that if you desire a red Nissan Sentra, or that Blue M3 326i BMW, or any particular car with a particular for example, or that dress you’ve always wanted, you often see more of them? See, there’s a part of your brain called “Reticular Activating System – RAS” which makes your mind is more of a deletion tool, it filters out everything not needed and focuses on those you want or need. So if you focus on something you would like to achieve, a goal maybe, then unconsciously your mind does the work and alerts you when something related appears.
That’s why, “When the Student is ready, the Teacher appears.”, ideas come out from nowhere. Just to give you a sample of those ideas:
- Trading (Stocks/Forex)
- Buy and Sell Online (retail arbitrage)
- Blogging for Profit
- Online Real Estate (buy domain, create and improve site and sell)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Part-time Job (not related to current work to avoid HR issues)
- Digital Product Creation and Sales
- Being a Mentor/Coach (teach something you like)
- Become a motivational speaker
- Upwork/Fiverr gigs (offer your services online for a fee)
- Facebook Marketing services
- Shopping services (grocery, or just shop for someone for a fee)
- Review sites (get discounts and free stuff from companies you review products)
- Be an author (earn royalties, or hire a ghost writer)
- Reprint books and re-sell them (you can reprint books pre-1928 and sell them online)
There are just some of my ideas that has the potential to earn extra. Still, all of them needs sacrifice, time and effort. It won’t be an overnight success but I’ll get there…I know!
So what to focus on?
I look into something that I’ve done before with a little success, which is sales. Yes, previously I sold supplements in Sulit.com (now Olx.ph) and I had a list of customer’s back then. It’s not huge, but for me, one transaction worth Php10k of supplements that re-occurs every month or two is definitely something to look at. So yes, I’m aiming online sales (both Retail and through Affiliate Marketing).
There’s a lot of stuff about Retail and Affiliate Marketing that you can go through and I’d go through them all until I find something that clicks with me. Right now, I’m still going through virtual training, reading books about the topic, joining Facebook communities and forums online to get as much information as I can. Devour it until I get overwhelmed with information, because that way, everything will make sense. Everything will click together.
All I have to do now…is grind!